Saturday, May 1, 2010

Re-planning

It's 10 am on a Saturday, and so far, I'm 3 hours behind my intentions for today (and counting...).
This is supposed to be a busy weekend.

If I go back in time to Friday 5 pm (please allow me to consider that as the verge of the weekend, despite obvious technicalities which would indicate I'm 7 hours early) I'd be still at work, and these would be my milestones planned for the weekend:

FRIDAY
a. leave work as soon as possible, but probably not achievable before 6.30
b. T's birthday at a bar, do not come back late. (I sound like my mom)
SATURDAY
c. wake up as early as possible, depending on b's outcome.
d. work work work in the morning. I need to catch up with at least 3 important tasks for work
e. go to S's birthday (bbq for lunch, but will probably occupy most of the afternoon as well)
f. go to P's birthday in the evening at a bar
SUNDAY
g. wake up early and exercise!! I need to run for at least 15 mins. (I'm pathetic, I know).
h. work some more and finish at least two tasks of the awful pending list that I brought home from work.
i. study for my certification exam (due in June).

Instead, this would be the current progress and revised plan

FRIDAY
a. I left the office at around 7.
b. T is a friend of a friend... I wasn't too excited to go. When I found out that my friend would be going there at around 11pm, I figured that the odds of coming back early were pretty low. So I decided to stay at home and be ready for c.
SATURDAY
c. I set my alarm clock at 7. Figured that by 8.30 I could be hands on my work notebook getting stuff done. Instead I went back to sleep. Got up at 8... not too bad.
d. The morning so far has consisted on shower, breakfast, newspaper headlines, 1 chapter of "modern family", and several blog-catching up. Not only that, but I had the bad idea of updating my own blog... and here I am... thinking that I should also update my personal financial file and clean up the mess in my apt ... and really doubting I will get any work done in the morning. Technically, I could get some done: there is still a couple of hours before "e" is due... but something in the air tells me I just won't.
d. Will do this.
f. I don't know if I'm going. I need to punish myself for d, and also now I will REALLY need to work tomorrow so... now I'm becoming my mom.
SUNDAY
I need to work, I should exercise... I probably won't study.

I keep betraying myself, and I don't have a clue why.

2 comments:

full_of_puppy_love said...

hey! thanks for joining my blog! welcome :)

TheBigShowAtUD said...

i like the part about catching up on blogging. ahem.