Monday, January 25, 2010

Decade of '00

2010 is here, and with the 00's gone, so are most of my 20-something years -decade of 2000 took me from being almost 18 to almost 28-.

I don't like to do New Year Resolutions or alikes, but I enjoyed ina's entry at her blog and it made me want to go trough some of the stuff that I did during the '00s. Making the list was fun, some of these I had already forgotten about

In the '00s, I...

lived in 4 houses (or apartments).
taught math as a volunteered to help kids out.
found my soul mate.
started studying English again, just for fun.
made close friends.
learned basic Portuguese.
taught basic computer skills to elderlies at a gov. organization.
procrastinated too much.
made poor choices.
got seriously ill.
walked on a glaciar.
started and quit gym countless times
pulled an all nighter.
got an Engineering degree.
taught math online helping kids with their school work and got paid for it.
went to several concerts, including: Roger Waters, AC/DC, DreamTheater, U2, Aerosmith, G3, Cafe Tacuba, Charly Garcia, Divididos, Joaquín Sabina.
worked as a TA at University.
drifted apart from close friends.
achieved financial independency.
moved to my own house with SO.
learned how to cook (kind of).
was successful at work.
parasailed.
woke up at 4.00 am just because.
went whitewater rafting.
said something I shouldn't have, and paid the consequences.
hurt others, and regret it.
helped a few people.
became an Open Water Diver.
fell in love.

I confess that in addition of mimicking ina's post, I even took a few of her list as well!

4 comments:

ina said...

I'm so glad the post inspired you. These are some really good ones. So impressed by the diving, parasailing and walking on a glaciar. Just a very nice post :)

Gregorio Omar Vainberg said...

MSQ
interesante tu balance, ahora, porque has decidido escribirlo solo en ingles?
Me parece que podrias hacer la doble entrada, en dos idiomas, como para n o tener que usar el traductos google, que es lamentable.
yo tengo un blog en dos idiomas
es www.gregoriovainberg.blogspot.com
Un abrazo

MSQ said...

Hola Gregorio!

Gracias por leer! El blog lo empecé a escribir en inglés básicamente porque me gustó la idea de hacerlo en un idioma que no fuera el mío, más que nada para disociar el yo-blogger del yo-carne y hueso. Y una vez descartado mi idoma natal, recurrí al que más cómoda me deja. Eu falo um pouco de português tambem, mas nao o suficiente para dizer as cosas que quero, com as palavras que quero.


Así nació un poco el blog... pero igual no descarto la crítica, quien sabe alguna próxima entrada venga en más de un idioma!

Gracias por el leer, y más aún por comentar.

TheBigShowAtUD said...

wow, that's a lot in a decade.

i think it would take me the rest of my life to do that. O.o